Steering colum

98 Dodge

I was searching all over for this and couldn't find a thing. Has anyone replaced the green light ring. That is around the ignition key? I was wondering About how that comes out. And Is it a pain to do? Thanks

i didnt even know it was supposed to light up??

count me in for some info, just did some searching and also couldnt find anything

Yea like when u open the door it should light up. And I think the bulbs bad. Be wise my 98 lites up but my 01 dosent

I tried on my '95. I can't remember but it seems like it takes a weird little bulb that I got at Radio Shack that had to be soldered in. Anyway, I couldn't get it to work. Again, if I remember correctly, it's easily accessible by taking the upper and lower column covers off.

Be aware some models didn't come with it. Like on my 02 the ring is black plastic and on my 96 it actually lit up.

Mine is a clear ring so it should lite up. Slt I believe lite up. Base models don't.

i believe mine is clear, ill check it out. never really gave it much thought

We've had three 2nd gens and all slt. And all lite up. Except this. It's no big deal just carious to see how hard to fix.

nevermind, looked at mine and its black!

youd think the laramie sports being the highest package would also light up, guess i was wrong. maybe ill look into

i do know the covers are fairly easy to take off and the ignition isnt so bad either

yep i know. maybe its only base model or first few years of the 2nd gen

but slt isnt the lowest package is it?

Last edited:
No, st is the lowest. Then slt Laramie. Mines the slt Laramie loaded. But with cloth seats instead of leather. I always though just the st trucks had black rings bc it's the lowest one. But I guess not now haha