steering gear box?

cumins01

Does anyone know of a company that makes a rebuild kit (seal kit) for my 2002 dodge?
Thanks, Steve

I dont know about a rebuild kit but you can buy a rebuild gear box for 167.00 and a 200.00 dollar core from auto parts nerd on ebay. i just bought 1 and it was here in about a week. if that helps any

Thanks... I will look and see what my local napa store can do for me. never thought about them
Thanks again

whats wrong with yours? is it just the sector shaft seal? if so just replace the seal, them napa, carquest, oriley, schucks steering boxes all come from the same place, i think they have 12 year olds rebuilding them, i got one and installed it and it turned the wrong way, the one i have now, #4 is the best of the bunch i got and is very loose. Save your box, i wish i had saved mine.

Yes it is just the sector shaft seals leaking. no makes a kit that I can find as of yet. Thought 160 was low when a rebuilt/updated box is 375-450. I will make sure I stay way from them. Thanks for the info

mondtster... where did you get a kit at? Its for a 2002 2500 exsb with a diesel it. If you by chance know the part number it would be appricated
Thanks

a easy way to get the seal out, once the retainer is removed, is to just start the truck up and turn the steering wheel, the power steering fluid will push the seal out.

Back