steering upgrades

Finch

is there a after market option for replacing the factory Y link? if not, how hard would it be to make a 2 link set up with DOM tubing and uni balls/hiems? open to

They have the new oem T style steering off the 08.5+ trucks now, which is way beefier than the Y style. I did this and it works well, but thuren and pure performance both make an upgraded steering set up. Dialed motorsports might but I'm not 100 percent on him

if you run a lifted truck, topguncustomz has a cool crossover style for around 1k that works with the stock pitman arm

the trucks got a KORE recon kit and gets a good thrashing every other week and on race weekend, I chase for a couple differnt desert race teams, so i need something that can last, and trust in the middle of nowhere.

i have gone through 2 of the "updated" ones so far, and looking at thurens, i think im just goin to build my own.

the topgun kit is cool, but i cant see spending 4 times the cost of a stock set up when im replaceing them onece every 60k miles

they are starting recall on the upgraded 08 style bad tie rod end underslow tight turn it can fail. just not fully inpimented yet

They have the new oem T style steering off the 08.5+ trucks now, which is way beefier than the Y style. I did this and it works well, but thuren and pure performance both make an upgraded steering set up. Dialed motorsports might but I'm not 100 percent on him

As mentioned, Don Thuren has one. My opinion is that it is the way to go if you want a fairly easy drop in unit. You'll have to drill your pitman arm and the knuckles, make sure you've got a big compressor and a nice drill/drill bit.

Also, I'd recommend his steering stabilizer as well... since you won't have provisions to hook up your stocker any longer.

He's a nice guy to deal with to boot.

if you have a "updated" front, you can take the steering stabilizer off and transfer it over, its just U bolts holding it on

Thought I'd return and post an FYI for anyone considering building their own. I built mine out of 1-1/2" CDS and spent nearly as much on material as what you'd pay to get Thuren's or a similar set-up sitting on your porch ready to put on. I get my material way cheap too.

i talked with couple of my race buddies, and think im going to go with the new stock set...anyone know anything about the recall?