Steering

Mooring Product

I just don't care
My steering linkage is worn and the truck walks all over the road like a drunk. Does anyone have part numbers and maybe photos so when I go to Napa I don't look like a complete retard.

Mooring Product said:
My steering linkage is worn and the truck walks all over the road like a drunk. Does anyone have part numbers and maybe photos so when I go to Napa I don't look like a complete retard.

Depends on what it worn out....Starting at the pitman arm on the gear box, the left inner tie rod connects to the pitman arm. This sounds dumb, but the right inner tie rod connects to the left inner via a sleeve....The right outer tie tod connects to the steering arm on the passenger side..now, the right outer tie rod has a hole in it for the ball stud on the right inner to fasten to. The left outer tie rod of course is attached to the driver's side steering arm.

If you need part numbers, let me know...:)

I will be checking this week to see whats giving me the problem. (Doug will:hehe: )I believe its the inner tie rod. I should change them all but Mr insurance gave me a beating.

Mooring Product said:
I will be checking this week to see whats giving me the problem. (Doug will:hehe: )I believe its the inner tie rod. I should change them all but Mr insurance gave me a beating.

That's the joy of living in South Florida. Paying double the insurance premiums that the rest of the world is paying.

_CH_ said:
check your ball joints while youre at it

Changed them 6 months ago.

If my insurance was cut in half I could purchase new injectors,turbo and pay someone to install them for me. I love my house.:bang
Back Yard
docksealer1.jpg

Last edited:
Do you accept third party out of state checks post dated?
I'm set on boatlifts, I know this guy who knows this guy that can get me a deal. :hehe:

Robts said:
now there is an intellegent answer

I drove the truck and got under it while he moved the wheel side to side. Both outter rod ends are wasted and both ends of the drag link is wasted. You can drive it at either 11 or 1 and the truck doesn't move.

Mooring Product said:
Your running a 2 wheel drive truck with 5" wide tires.

You can barely take a turn at 20mph that I can do at 60. Thats not very much fun.

I'm lifted with 4" lift and 35" tires. Your lowered 3/5" with a bigger sway bar. So of course its a different beast. With new steering links and a rear sway bar we can head to the oval and race it? :rockwoot: I'm out...

I think you two should belly buck, and the winner of the buck off also wins the arguement LOL

nummit said:
I think you two should belly buck, and the winner of the buck off also wins the arguement LOL

Its comments like this that gives credibility to Valerie's argument.

:homo:

Back