Stick or Auto??

fordtk12

Banned
I like driving stick but with them geared so low I don't think I will like it if I want to race.

I'd have to agree for the most part. If you do get a manual put a good double disk clutch in and you'll be able to do some good 3rd or 4th gear launch's. Even with the stick in my 01 there wasn't much around here that would keep up with it.

Do you want to spend alote of money on and auto? I love my auto but I also paid for it.

Do you want to spend alote of money on and auto? I love my auto but I also paid for it.

Thats it I don't wanna spend alot of money to have to upgrade the auto.

Pay now or pay later...you decide. Get the Auto and build or have it built. The Auto will handle MORE power than the stick.

I am only going to do intake exhaust and smarty. Will just a torque convert and shift kit be enough??

TQ and Valve body should be enough. However, (IMHO) if you are hauling heavy a flexplate might be in order.

you can get a pretty well built auto for 6k.. Orrr you can spend 2500 on SB's new dual disk.. Another 800 on the input shaft. And you're still 2 seconds slower then the guy with the same amount of hp and the auto.. You can drag race an auto yea.. But it'll piss ya off just trying to keep up with the guy in the auto who has a lot less hp then you. And you're working a whole lot harder then he is to get it.

I bought a manual because I knew I didn't have the money to spend to fully build a trans. I will race with what I have anyway, but I definitely don't expect to win against an even HP/TQ truck that has an auto that will hold it. If you aren't planning on going with major mods, then get the manual. If you are going to go for big power especially for dragging, get the auto and just build it. I wish I had gotten an auto now....oh well!