stick vs. auto

i am doing a cummins conversion in a 4x4 and am looking for a nv4500 but i was also thinking of an auto, so it would be easier for my wife to drive incase she has to be a dd she can drive a stick but prefers not to, which auto dodge tranny is better or should i even consider an auto?
ps the truck will be pretty stock daily driver

i would love to be able to buy a trans and rebuild it or buy a new one but that is not in my budget i would have to buy a used one in working order.

You can go to car-part.com and find about any used tranny you could want cheaper than most places.I would at least go with 47RH or RE.

After having both unless you are planning on building the stock auto right away go with the stick, the stock auto is the most pathetic slush box Ive ever driven

yes, i would go with a 5 speed. Not only will it get better fuel mileage it will be more reliable for a low horsepower truck. That is why i went 5speed. I wont ever go over 400rwhp and im thinkin about just leavin it like it is now at around 300. You cant beat the reliablit factor of the 5speed. Autos for the most part will last along time but that one time you need it it will crap out on you or bust a leak or somthin and leave you sittin there where a 5 speed might a problem here or there but hell just shift it into the next gear and go home.

Back