still puking with egr turned off?

raplhinnj you absolutely correct about FMC should have spent a few extra dollars to make this engine a little more solid. When you start modding something it is understood that stuff will break and you will have to upgrade these parts until you find the next weakest point. BUT, when there are guys running stock that have the same problems, makes you wonder what I would do if I had to actually load it down with a trailer and use it to work. The few extra dollars spent would had led to greater sales instead of guys running away from FMC for reliability concerns. And warranty costs.

The part that is the most interesting to me is the customers that say "What do you mean it has 2 fuel filters?" or "I just change the one on top cause the bottom one is a pain in the ass." or "I never changed the fuel filter in my 7.3L".

so if I get one of the fancy oil coolers from my other post I could delete the oil cooler too? I am getting studs, new gaskets and full egr delete in the next week. If I can get rid of some more stuff that will make this dfamn junker last I'm not worried about the $ because its cheaper then troubleshooting out of warranty! I literally cant afford to fix this bisitch outta warranty and will (hold your ears) swap this junker out for a cummins long before I waste more $ on something that will not do me right. Its like a sluutt.. ride it for a while then let it go.....would like to wife the 6leaker

i'm in the same boat as you. i've told myself this is the last time i spend money fixing this motor. i've got a misfire i need to track down, and this is the last straw, any more problems and it's coming out and being replaced with a cummins. as sad as it might sound, the money i've spent fixing this motor over the last year would have already paid for a cummins swap and a set of twins, and all the other goodies to make it reliable and fast.

I am tired of chasing this engine around. it will be pretty hard to get that aftermarket cooler installed in the FORD service bay but ill try my best. lol

just never seen how's its actually sitting in the valley or how hard it will be to delete it. any help will be greatly appreciated. just gotta get this bizitch fixed soon still riding around with 258 degrees temps now. kinda getting scared it might not make it to get fixed. do you think its even worth deleting?

Not sure how well these will show, but both the EGR cooler and the oil cooler are in the valley:

ps60_013.jpg

ps60_024.jpg

If the EGR cooler fails, should the oil cooler be replaced at the same time, applying the "since you're in there" methodology?

Cool thanks, can I trust some of the coolers that are sold on ebay. or should I go straight to fomoco? Also for the record the EGR would be deleted at the same time

Most of the ebay units that are new in the box are "hot". Its up to you if you want to reward someones "lower" price.

international may be cheaper? just a thought I know everything else is a lot less!

Check with international first. You swap over the top cover which doesn't come with a new cooler. The bottom section is probably the same in both motors.

Back