stock 68rfe concern

Derekveneman

I have reason for concern about my 68rfre. When I take off from a dead stop it seems to shutter. To explain how it feels. Its like slight wheel hop in the rear. I have no idea what could be an issue or if there is one. keep in mind i just took out my rear blocks so maybe that could have something to do with it. thanks for looking. let me know what you think

I have reason for concern about my 68rfre. When I take off from a dead stop it seems to shutter. To explain how it feels. Its like slight wheel hop in the rear. I have no idea what could be an issue or if there is one. keep in mind i just took out my rear blocks so maybe that could have something to do with it. thanks for looking. let me know what you think

Did you change tranny fluid in it ? Mine started doing it ( my 2011 3500 ) after i put new fluid in it and i ended putting 2 oz of stop shudder in it and it stopped with in 25 miles and now i have over 600 miles on it and it hasn't done it again - but i do get a strange noise between 70 - 80 and can't figure out if rear end , tranny or what ?
the noise is very low but i can hear it , i checked fluid but its only got 30,000 miles on it and it was changed last year , u-joints looks fine and checked them and has no slop ?

Did you change tranny fluid in it ? Mine started doing it ( my 2011 3500 ) after i put new fluid in it and i ended putting 2 oz of stop shudder in it and it stopped with in 25 miles and now i have over 600 miles on it and it hasn't done it again - but i do get a strange noise between 70 - 80 and can't figure out if rear end , tranny or what ?
the noise is very low but i can hear it , i checked fluid but its only got 30,000 miles on it and it was changed last year , u-joints looks fine and checked them and has no slop ?

thanks for the reply. I think we have the same issue. Im going to get it looked at real quick this weekend.

If it's definitely the trans pull the CVIs and send if it learned something out of the norm. If it did do a relearn on it then pull the CVIs again a few hundred miles later and see if it's back in specs