stock block

joediesel

how much power can you put to the stock internals/ block before it goes boom.??

Depends on how long you want it to last and what you're doing to get it there. How high you're reving it, ect.

Stock bottom ends will take a couple 1k smacks and hold fine. There are many 7-800 horse B's runnin round out there with stock guts that are just fine too. I don't think any have puked on the dyno.

Get too far north of 1k with repeated floggin'and you better have a contingency plain in place. :hehe: My .02

well personally im in the process of desiding that ive heard some good about the +2004.5. Which is the best 3rd gen year?

the nadp truck took a crap on the dyno theur 98 12v that was in diesel power that made like 8oo on spray they were trying over 1k hp and it came apart
i have their vid on my space but cant view it at work restricted access but if you look up jeremy snow in indiana you can view the vid

Which is the strongest year? if there isnt much differnece then lets assume
+2004.5 3rd gens

Sometimes I stare at the po-ta-toes avitar and it puts me in a trance. Maybe im getting tired.

But seriously is there anyone who has had a block machined out of stock like the big time drag gassers do? Maybe outta aluminum (that might hold the heat too long) Ive just never heard of that on a diesel and was curious.