Stock Common Rail Turbo's

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
Hey guys. The old stock turbo kicked the bucket on me the other day. Bearings are shot and will not spool at all. From what I understand, cummins changed the turbo's through the years with the Common Rail's. I am wondering what year(s) did they change them, and which year turbo would be best for an 04.5 with the 325hp 600 engine.

Thanks,
Bragg

If you must replace it with a stock :doh: , I believe any 04.5 and up 5.9 turbo is the same and will work just fine.

It you want to go past stock, there are plenty of great options. You have the perfect excuse for the Mrs. :hehe:

kino_fab said:
Hey guys. The old stock turbo kicked the bucket on me the other day. Bearings are shot and will not spool at all. From what I understand, cummins changed the turbo's through the years with the Common Rail's. I am wondering what year(s) did they change them, and which year turbo would be best for an 04.5 with the 325hp 600 engine.

Thanks,
Bragg

they changed it in 04.5. 04.5 uses and hy-35e.

Don't go stock... if you don't have to.

We have a 1,700 mile 07 turbo for sale, customer Put HTT on it. If you want I can get a price for you.

PM me if you are interested.

Wally / FTE Diesel

Thanks Jack. Let me know what you can find out.

Heres the reasons for going stock. Unfortunatly I am single (and available ladies). I friend of mine is selling his 01 F-250 and has been wanting my truck something fierce for quite I while. So I am just replacing it with another stocker, and let him do any upgrades if he can afford to. Anybody in there right mind wouldn't spen a load of money on a vehicle to upgrade and then sell it for little of nothing. BTW if he backs out, the price is $23K for anybody interested.

kino fab,

My stock turbo off of my 04.5 325 600 is on the shelf at HotRodDiesels.com. Had about 18K normal miles on it before I decided to BOMB the truck. PM me if you that does not work out.

the stock turbos aren't all that bad i mean you can put down over 500 hp with a stock turbo. but if you weren't thinking about selling it soon i would say a 62/71/13 htt would be a great turbo for ya.