Stock CP3 Q&A

Straight_6

Diesel Junkie
Hey Guys

I am pretty sure that this was talked about elsewhere, but I looked a little bit and found nothing. So my question is, what are the capabilities of a stock CP3? Like pressure under WOT and such, what can this stand up too? I have numbers in my head but I want to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks

stock cp3 on its best day is capable of no more than 200'ish lph at rev limiter.... this is perfect conditions, perfect pump, fca... etc

my pump is rated at 272LPH at 3500rpm, roughly stated 3hp=1lph

Thats a nice nber to know, what about pressures tho? Can they put out over 25k?

depends on programming and injectors... I could maintain over 25k on my 6.7 with 45% nozzles, a bag of parts upgrade on the pump and sw5 revo on the smarty... could only squeeze out 607hp with that pump setup even with my S475. Needless to say the truck likes the new stroker pump

Do you think it's possivle foretold be seeing 27k on my rig? And I know my gauges are not wrong. I've verified that.

Whoops! Bloody typo haha. I was wondering if it were possible for me to be seeing 27k on my rig. Sorry!

I didn't think the 5.9CR's were supposed to go that high but with stock injectors and mild programming it could be possible

See I thought it wat anything crazy, but once I opened my mouth about it I instantly had guys calling me out and saying my gauges were hooper but I checked out my gauges with a scanner for values and they were legit. I've seen bigger engines like the ISX and such gothay high so I assumed the same thing goes for these ISB's but apparently some people don't think so. I'm just second guessingy judgement now I guess.

It all depends on the RP sensor capability to accurately translate the mechanical pressure to an electrical signal. It is possible, but not recommended by any means. It is bad on injectors. How accurate is it at that pressure? Don't know.

When folks mod or add an extra pump, they are looking for more volume of fuel at said pressure. Not just more pressure.

Last edited:
there are a lot of determining factors...

how many miles on the pump? how many miles on the truck?
at what mileage was the AD100 installed?
what micron does the airdog have?

the quality of fuel going to your CP3 is very important and its just like a little motor, it will wear with miles.

also what RP sensor do you have? EFI live shows my mechanical RP sensor to be 3k off on pressure.

my stock cp3 has just about had it. 155k miles total and an arson II on it since about 60k so im not mad at it. its not uncommon for a cp3 to crap out around 100k.

It all depends on the RP sensor capability to accurately translate the mechanical pressure to an electrical signal. It is possible, but not recommended by any means. It is bad on injectors. How accurate is it at that pressure? Don't know.

When folks mod or add an extra pump, they are looking for more volume of fuel at said pressure. Not just more pressure.

See that's exactly what I said. When you add a second pump or a bigger pump it's just for adding volumes of fuel, usually to run bigger injectors. It doesn't create pressure like you stated. I know the factory ECM only can command 160mPa (23,203psi) but I am not sure how high the factory sensor can read...??

You can command more than the OEM RP limit on the bus with an appropriate box or SW, the sensor max is ~27.5Kpsi & CP3 can generate 30Kpsi+