stock egts

virgil

still spoolin
curious what you guys see for egts on the 04.5-07 5.9s. just put gauges on and i see the boost spike to 32 and levels off to 26-28lbs of boost.so far i have gutted the cat, deleted muffler, factory air intake has been modified with 5 inch pipe, k and n air filter.problem is i can get the egts up to 1400 in a 10 second pull in any gear, 6th gear is real easy. i mounted the probe in between 3 and 4 as quadzilla suggested.another thing I have noticed is when its cold it blows some blue smoke for maybe 5-10 seconds.just curious if this is normal or maybe I should pull the injectors and have them checked out. I know my buddys 06 does not smoke and I figured that it was a plugged cat since the truck has 110,000 on it.Iam almost sure it didn't do this when the truck was purchased (75,000 miles), but being a company truck and multiple people drive it and I didn't pay too much attention to it till now.btw I think this truck has had 10 micron filters which may have been a mistake.

btw exact truck is a 04.5 ram 3500 quad cab dually 2wd with nv5600,3.73 rear

Well the boost is normal for an 04.5, EGTs maybe a little high. I could hit 1350*-1400* stock on my 04.5 when it was new. Blue smoke not normal.

At that many miles could be injectors, but not necessarily. Does it burn any oil between changes? Does it have any fuel in the oil or excessive blow by?

I would switch to a 2-3 micron fuel filter. Do you use any additive? If not I would run some additive through a tank or two and see what happens. If it stills blows blue smoke then injector test (DRBIII) first and maybe pull and check or replace depending on what that shows.

no oil useage at all. and the oil isnt contamininated at all. once it is warmed up i dont see any smoke. just when it starts after sitting for a day or two.I could imagine seeing these egts when loaded heavy but empty doesn't make any sence at all other than a possible injector defect.

Then could be an injector or two leaking or spraying bad I guess. But new, empty and stock my 04.5 would hit 1350* on a 10 second WOT.

so in reality I could be very close. the probe has cylinder 3 shooting right on it
and could possibly be throwing it off a little. after about 15 seconds i saw 1407 and let off the throttle.In any case I should probably pull the injectors and check to see if any fuel is seeping by when it sits. thanks again for your time.

Back