stock exh. or 4''

dirtpoor

I just bought a 2000 24v 6spd It has 3'' stock exh. I was wanting to put on a 4'' with a hushpower muffler, some guys said Im wasting my money and dont need it just cut off the cat and run with the stock . But i've heard by running a 4'' exh you get better mpg and cooler egt's, anybody have the straight scoop and far as hp I want to add about 75-100hp I will tow alot with it

I just bought a 2000 24v 6spd It has 3'' stock exh. I was wanting to put on a 4'' with a hushpower muffler, some guys said Im wasting my money and dont need it just cut off the cat and run with the stock . But i've heard by running a 4'' exh you get better mpg and cooler egt's, anybody have the straight scoop and far as hp I want to add about 75-100hp I will tow alot with it

Minimal effect, if any at all, on either mileage or noticeable power. EGT's will be a little cooler. Personally, if I was dirt poor, I would purchase a fuel pressure gauge before I would start worrying about adding chips and stuff.

Thanks for the info on ext. I've already ordered gauges they always go on first on all my dirt toys

it wouldnt hurt to get a 4" exhaust you can find them so cheap anymore it would help fuel mileage and cool your egt's some.. plus unleash that deep cummins sound!

btw there is no cat on that truck. stock it only came with a resonator and muffler. I'd get a delete pipe for the muffler and res and call it good...straight pipe cummins sounds good and ain't much louder than stock...vp44 injection pump is where all the noise comes from.

Dude your smoking crack if you think a straight pipe Cummins ain't any louder than a factory one. And the noise ain't all from the VP dumbass. My truck has been a VP and now a ppump and its just as loud as ever.

.straight pipe cummins sounds good and ain't much louder than stock...vp44 injection pump is where all the noise comes from.

You're an idiot.

How about learning something instead of crapping this place up with that garbage?

Mine is a good bit louder than it was stock. And it sure as heck aint coming from a VP!

my old mans truck is bone stock 99. The factory exhaust had been converted to straight pipe. It sounded good and was pretty quiet in the cab. When it rotted out, we put a 4'' mbrp no muffler turbo back and the drone is terrible. When pulling a trailer between 40 and 55 mph you cant talk to the person next to you. It might partially be because it is a no power automatic but the stock exhaust was alot better even though thechnically they should be the same. we are going to put a muffler or something to kill the drone. It does still sound good outside though

Back