Stock fuel plate, were can I find one?

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
I'm about to do some serious metal removal to my stock fuel plate and would like to find another one to have on hand in case I ruin my milage. This would let me have one for fun, and one for cross country trips. Is this a dumb idea? Does anyone have a stock plate for sale?

Ideas????

George

You wont need one. It wont hurt your mileage if you dont use the power. Its all about right foot control.
I have a #0 in mine, in a 913 pump, and its a daily driver (60+ miles per day, in town and highway mix). Ive seen as high as 22.9 mpg once, but average around 19.5 or so.

-Jeff

I guess I'll just giver her a try and see how it works, it's just hard for me to learn the ways of these diesels. I'm used to the world of carb'd old school hot rods and 90% of the things that add power take from milage, it's nice to not have to worry as much about having the air:Fuel dead on 14.7

George

well you could pull one out of a wrecked truck at a salvage heck they probably would not know what it is you pulled out anyway

Depending On How You Grind It, It Shouldn't Affect Much But You Will Have To Consider Full Fueling. The Plate Is Made To Control Start Up Fueling And Load Curve Fueling. You Should Be Ok But If You Need One Just Let Me Know I Will Get You One.