Stock fuel pump vs FASS fuel system

alk8778

Well yesterday on my way to class my truck took a ****, left me on the side of the road dead. Truck lacked serious power, no smoke, rough idle, high egts (around 1200) when i pulled over so i shut it down. Gave it a few mins checked the vitals and went to restart.. It would crank but not fire.

Got it to a dealership late last night, and they called me today saying the pump was bad, only supplying half of the fuel required.

Now theres history behind this truck... last august the rear half of the truck caught fire and burned up the bed, fuel lines, sending unit, wiring and the tank itself.. so everything was replaced up to the pump. now its bad... The dealer is going to swap a spare pump onto the truck so they can run the rest of the diagnosis on the fuel system to verify the injectors are still good...( which have all been replaced, 5 of them three years ago and the remaining three last year)

Now the question is, how beneficial would it be to upgrade to a Fass fuel system over replacing the pump with an OEM unit. My cost would be roughly the same either way. The only mods are intake, exhaust and SCT tuning from Innovative. If the injectors are bad them I will upgrade to something aftermarket, but we will turn that road later. How much can the stock fuel system on the truck handle and how much improvement would I gain from a FASS system on a daily driven truck? (fuel mileage, hp, torque etc)

sorry for the long post... but the truck needs alot of explaining. lol :bang

Now the question is, how beneficial would it be to upgrade to a Fass fuel system over replacing the pump with an OEM unit. My cost would be roughly the same either way. The only mods are intake, exhaust and SCT tuning from Innovative. If the injectors are bad them I will upgrade to something aftermarket, but we will turn that road later. How much can the stock fuel system on the truck handle and how much improvement would I gain from a FASS system on a daily driven truck? (fuel mileage, hp, torque etc)

Same cost seems to be a no brainer there. The new FASS pumps are much quieter i here. Also can't go wrong with added filteration and water seperation either. They can be tuned for what ever pressure yer 6.0 requires.

Make sure you buy two of them then, so when it craps out, you will have a spare with you to get you going again, while you ship the FASS away for warranty work.

lol sump the tank if you do a fass or else you will probably end up with another headache

Back