Stock injectors

golfersmith

Needing to get one of our VFD grass rigs back in service. '01 LB7 that did not qualify for the extended recall for the injectors. Any ideas for a good place to get stock units.

Do a lot of work in Cummins, won't even get under the hood of a P/S. Only doing this one as I try to help them all I can.

Good bunch of guys we cannot do without.

Thanks

How did it not qualify ? I want to say Merchant Automotive has some.

Stay away from the aftermarket ones as they seem to be more trouble than they are worth. Fine a set of Bosch rebuilt ones through a Bosch dealer or a GM dealership is the way to go. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay but make sure they are factory Bosch.

Thanks, I have seen some online that were too cheap to be good. Have been talking with our local injection shop who are a authorized Bosch dealer.

This truck did not have this problem until the seven year period had expired, therefore was told by dealer, TS.

Update on this truck folks. Got the injectors installed, new Bosch units, fired it up today. Thought this would cure the P0089, FRP sensor problem, but did not. Have not driven it yet. Will hook back up on it after a bite of lunch and check the pressures. Any idea what I need to look for?

This old Cummins guy knows very little about these engines.

Thanks

OK, with a kick in the ass run through the hills, oil change, memory reset, problem seems to be gone. Seems a bit sluggish at low rpm's. Hope no damage done to turbo with the fuel diluting the oil for some time. time will tell.

Gotterdone!!! Debris in the MAF was causing the slugginess. Considering the age, high mileage, and abuse necessary to fight fires, it really performs well.

Gotta bring this thread back. Truck now has a hard P0089. Seems to run ok, no oil contamination, etc. Desired FRP at 40 MPa and actual FRP fluctuates from 40 to 80 and is real erratic. Is this going to be the regulator and can it be replaced without removing the inj pump? I can command the regulator and increase it to 160 so am thinking the regulator may be ok.
Thanks in advance.

Back