Stock manifold restriction

90dodge

Always Broke
Where does the stock manifold really become a restriction at? Or is swapping to a 2nd gen style mainly just for the ability to use a larger framed turbo?

I'm interested as well. I am currently in the process of putting a second gen manifold and s400 turbo on. I know a log style divided manifold flows better than the stocker does but I'm curious how far guys have pushed them and at what point they become a huge restriction.

Main restriction is the foot. ALL aftermarkets flow better than stock BUT the T3 is the main restriction.

Main restriction is the foot. ALL aftermarkets flow better than stock BUT the T3 is the main restriction.

I want to know if it's ever been tested too. Not saying a T4 wouldn't flow better, but the biggest restriction in the stock manifold is the way cylinders 4&5 slam into each other. I also don't like the lack of a divider in the system. If you have any kind of aftermarket turbo, it's worth the price of a new manifold just for the divider.

I just have an ATS piece, which isn't as nice as some of the others on the market, but it's worked well for me. Throttle response when not in boost is noticeably better vs. stock. I'm not sure how much power it's worth, but even on a roughly 600hp truck, it's a worthy upgrade, IMO.

Back