Stock style exhaust manifolds

Probably depends what you're doing with the truck. 1k hp build, probably, stock truck looking for mpg, probably not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Probably depends what you're doing with the truck. 1k hp build, probably, stock truck looking for mpg, probably not.

Using a North American Turbo 67mm HE351 to get 800 max effort rwhp

Fair chance I suppose then. May have been covered elsewhere, but is there benefit to going to a 2nd gen style manifold? Or are you constricted by rules for a targeted class?

Using a North American Turbo 67mm HE351 to get 800 max effort rwhp

We have found that when using these modded he351's it does help to have some sort of aftermarket or custom made manifold. It may not gain you big power numbers but it really helps the power band carry out further. I have not seen the inside of the steed speed 3rd gen but most of the aftermarket manifolds use a ~1.25" primary, for the best results I'd suggest something with a 1.5" primary but it would most likely be custom.

Fair chance I suppose then. May have been covered elsewhere, but is there benefit to going to a 2nd gen style manifold? Or are you constricted by rules for a targeted class?

I don’t want to spend the 1000.00 to do a second gen swap on a drop in turbo. However I’m sure it would beneficial

Back in 08-09 or so, I noticed a considerable improvement when switching to an ATS two piece manifold from the oem one, while running a gated S366. This was on a 2007 5.9. Spoolup and egt were significantly improved.

I do think this had more to do with the divided 14cm housing on the turbo finally matching the divided flange of the ATS manifold, since the oem manifold had an open t3 outlet.

Back