straight vs muffler delete

What would be tollerable INSIDE cab?

• Leave just the muffler off like I already have?

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Take the cat off, also.

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
ok so i had the dealer take my muffler off the truck before i bought it, and they did with no problem but im still wanting more noise.

many of my buddies have complete straights on 3rd gen's but i talked to a silverline vendor yesterday at 4wheel jamboree in fredericksburg and he told me not to take the cat off.

my question is: will i still be able to talk on my cell easily if loaded down with a straight and not get annoyed by it? im coming from an 03 6.0 with a 4" TB on it so i like noise but i dont know about this.

If you use the stock pipe it isn't that bad in the cab, but it will be loud.I have a custom exhaust 4'' that 90 degree angles behind the tires, with a magnflow muffler. When it's in od the noise is realy bad in the cab, before with the stock strieght pipe it was bearable.

i have sold and installed many kits on these trucks, and the best good sounding and bearable kit i have seen is either AFE or magnaflow 5in. turbo back!

If you run it clear out the back, it isn't toooo bad...

I ran for a long time with just a little teeny muffler...it was loud, but on the highway, there was no drone unless you were really pinning it.

I changed to a 30" MagnaFlow because I travel cross country.

steved

took my cat off and i wouldnt ever think bout putting it back on. and im on my cell a lot, and i drive with my window down half the time.. i guess coming from a 98 straight pipe to an 03 kinda made me less sound sensitive tho!