Straightpipes, stacks, or what?

rcoen10

I don't like the exhaust system i have on my 6.0L powerstroke now. i have a 4 inch silverline system and want to change it. i want something that will sound more aggressive and hopefully deliver more power. please share any knowledge you have on this subject.

thanks, rhc

I don't think you'll see any power increases from switching from one system to another but if you want agressive...nothing beats a 5" straight pipe.

UNBROKEN said:
I don't think you'll see any power increases from switching from one system to another but if you want agressive...nothing beats a 5" straight pipe.

What? What?? WHAT??! :hehe:

the 5 inch straightpipe does sound really awesome. one of my friends has it on his truck. i have not heard stacks on that engine though. i know they look good and i want this thing to smoke. cant make up my mind on which to go with

I had mine straight piped for a while, and while I liked it, it got old, or maybe that was me. Grand rock makes a great set of Stacks for it. What don't you like about your silverlines? A muffler delete will make a huge difference.

when i had my 03 6.0 i rana MBRP 4" straight pipe.
then changed and made custom 6" stacks.
then went back to 4" straight pipe a week later haha.

now with my dodge, i'm waiting on my 6" exhaust :)

thanks for the help. i might look into a delete pipe, but i really think im gonna go for the stacks. i dont like the silverline that i have on it now because it doesn't sound good and is actually pretty restrictive. i got the truck with it on there.

Both options would sound great. Stacks look fantastic but a 5" system with a 6" tip would be pretty awesome too.....good luck - tough choice!

Go for stacks if you like washing your truck.

I personally like the 5" pipe idea. I had 5" straight pipe for awhile and then put on a Dynomax bullet muffler. The straight pipe was just a bit loud for my taste.

I have a 5" straight pipe with a 6" tip. Looks good, but Id rather have stacks.

And for the soot blowing on your truck, seems like people forgot about rain caps. Plus I think they look sweet.

rcoen10 said:
thanks for the help. i might look into a delete pipe, but i really think im gonna go for the stacks. i dont like the silverline that i have on it now because it doesn't sound good and is actually pretty restrictive. i got the truck with it on there.
yeah how is it restrictive? thats what our truck and it runs fine. It's 4" and just has their muffler, no cat. just buy the 60 dollar or so delete pipe, and try that. if you don't like it buy the stacks, if you do, it will save you some $$$.

the guy that put the exhaust on the truck before i got it didn't buy the system. 1. it still has the cats on it. 2. it isnt 4 inch piping like i originally posted. its 3 or 3 and a quarter. im just getting into diesel trucks and i dont know that much about them, but i know that just doesnt make sense. im taking it off for sure. anyways, christmas is right around the corner :)

I run a straight piped 4 inch. With the SCT it sounds awesome. Runing stock it sounds ok, but when you put a race program in it raps like a big block gasser with glass packs above 2500

Back