Stranded 15hrs from home, any help?! In Texas!

brixen348

So, I'm 15 hours away, it's a Sunday and I need a deliver tube for my 5.9 C.r. Dealers are closed Sunday and I'm supposed to be headed out for Wisconsin. A used one would be plenty suffice! I'm in Malakoff TX which is east Texas. I'm willing to drive a ways to get one though, I have a ride. If you have one to sell you can call or text me at 715-828-866three much appreciated in advance!

Thanks! Hopefully! Scanned Craigslist and didn't find much. Other than a fire burnt motor, maybe they'd swap me lol

Dieselimporter lives not far from where you are at and I'm thinking he'd have access to one of those tubes.
I have a pile of them here, but you're 10 plus hours.

Mark.

John Robinson is a little west of dallas

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back to my question! Delivery tubes don't just go bad! A leak tighten it oil pan full of diesel? Loss of rail pressure? What is the symptom?

Last edited:
Got it going guys, was having slightly longer than normal cranks back home in Wisconsin, got down here and the truck didn't start in the heat, decided to pull the tubes and reseat them. Got to cylinder 3 and the line was funky and very hard to get off, got it off and the hold down nut was hard to get off, had to use a ratchet till it was off (couldn't brake loose then use fingers like the rest) went to get the tube out and couldn't pull it out, had to thread a lug nut on and use a big pry bar and it never popped it just was tight till it was a inch out. Turns out someone put the tube in upside down so the balls were jammed in. The sealing end was jimmied up pretty good but I wasn't able to find one so I did some sanding and got it nice and got it running again. Truck starts instantly and runs good. I'll get a new tube and injector in it when I get home. Funny thing is, before I got the truck the owner had the dodge dealer put in two Injectors. The receipt says injector 5 was replaced and I'll let you figure out what other one was replaced �������� just another reason why I'd never go to a dealer lol

Wish I would have seen this. Glad you got it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have called you, but my phone lost a major disagreement last week and your number wasn't backed up, for some reason, so it didn't make it to the new one.

Mark.

Wow Never would have thought that was possible! talk about some real dumb MF working at a dealership!

I've pulled many apart that I THOUGHT were put in wrong, turns out the ball type transfer tubes will spin if you don't make sure the large tube retainer nut is tight in the head BEFORE you try to take the line loose.
You'd be surprised how loose the tube retainer nut gets over time and those 2 little BBs are only meant to locate, not take 50 pounds of torque.

Add to that, some people using gorilla torque to tighten the lines and schit happens when you take 'em back apart. :D

So, removal procedure goes:

Tighten big nut first.
Say the Lord's prayer and hope King Kong didn't tighten the line.
Try to loosen the line, while seeing if the tube wants to spin instead.

Cuss yourself, or thank God accordingly. ;)

The alternative, before you go gonzo, twist the tube anyway and throw wrenches, is to take the line loose at the rail, undo the hold down, then run the transfer tube retainer nut out into the line nut, until it pops the tube out.

Then you have an assembly of transfer tube, nut and line. :D

Still doesn't stop the apes from screwing it up beforehand, but precludes it from being your fault. :cool:

Mark.

Last edited:
Fine I'll stop using my 3 foot cheater bar to tighten the lock nut!:hehe::hehe:
On a side note I just took an engine apart the #6 lock nut was free spinning in the head and the tube was the hardest to get out! Lucky bastard until he windowed his block!

Yea I hear ya, u was working in a feild with limited tools, so being able to hold or tighten the lock nut wasn't really a option because the injector harness connector is in the way of using a wrench on the tube nut, so I have to pull the line first then use a socket and ratchet to get the nut off lol. Believe me, I know there was more ideal situations but hey I had to do what I had to do haha I'm just glad it was salvageable!