strange problem 2006

newsmoke

Ok I've owned this truck since late June and recently its been acting up, but only after the truck has been running/ driving for over an hour. After enough time goes by the motor will start stalling and dieing when the transmission shifts, like its defuling itself. I'm very new to common rail motors and this has me scratching my head..

Truck-
2006 rclb auto 4x4
108,000 miles
Semi built trans 5k ago
intake
exhaust
bully dog triple dog with outlook monitor
AD2 165 new 5k ago

I'm just trying to figure out what would make this problem occur after 1-2 hours of run time, any help is greatly appreciated

Check the connectors for the outlook monitor, especially the map sensor connectors.

Will do bud! Thanks.

Also, I should note that the truck shows no codes what so ever

Mine has not shut off but will start bucking, and losing power. The connector on the bullydog monitor, where the factory map sensor wires plug in is the issue. It will set a code but wont turn the engine light on on. My monitors wires will push out of the connector. Kinda hard to explain

Well I traced the wires from the outlook monitor and they do not connect to the MAP sensor. One memory wire to fuse panel and pryo is it..... I'm not sure how my monitor gets a boost reading without the map sensor, through the OBD I guess.

I do have the bucking/ dying problem while shifting and a bully dog monitor but no MAP sensor connection

Well I contacted bullydog and they had me take the truck back to stock, ill update as I get more information

The truck is 100% stock now. The problem is just as bad if not worse. The truck all but shuts down when shifting under WOT

finally got it to act up long enough for codes and good info.

p0088
p0148
p0251

Rough idle, runs like kaka. Had the same problem on a 2006 mega at my buddies trans shop two months ago. Turned out to be RPV. I will test FCA and RPV tomorrow hopefully

FCA pigtail was the whole problem, big thanks to Jeff at Mumau diesel for all the help!

glad you found it.... might i suggest keeping that bully dog off of it. not the best choice for your computer.

I am, saving up for efi currently. But i don't believe the bad pigtail was from programing. Its a shame really the people at bullydog were nothing but helpful with any problem or question I had

glad you found it.... might i suggest keeping that bully dog off of it. not the best choice for your computer.

Bully Dog programs the ECM the same way Smarty, EFI LIVE, or a dealer tool does. It is no harder or easier on the ECM than any other tuner