strange tcase questions

smok531

ok heres the deal i can get a late 70s ford divorce tcase what do i need to hook it to a nv45002wd? heard it can be done

look @ the yokes on the t-case... if you can;t figure out what you need then you probably shouldn't even be concidering it.

well let me laberate alittle better since im only a 18yo high school student is it possible if i got a short slip drive shaft made with proper ends could it work.

It can be done. You'll need your slip for the NV and the proper yoke and joint for the case... A commercial truck parts supplier like Fleet Pride can be a big help.

Im guessing it is a 205 transfercase? Its a gear case not a chain if its that old reguardless of the model. Those transfer cases wont hold the torq and you will bust the housing. For all the work you are going to have to do to fab that thing in and the yokes its not worth the headache they arent that strong the gas trucks around here (600-700hp) bust them all the time.

If you still have the stock 2wd slip yoke then all you need is a 1410 series yoke for the 205 input (about $70 at any driveline shop). The 2wd slip yoke's ujoint will go directly into the 205 fixed yoke, no short driveshaft needed. I am working on doing the same thing, as stated above not sure if it will hold up, but it is what I have laying around.