stroker motor?

GreenMeanie5.9

Poop Naked
i just have a question... i dynoed my truck yesterday and it did 730HP and 1400+ foot lbs. and im pretty impressed with that, just because its a 2.5 charger, but i do have to change the injectors in it to smaller ones because their is so much fuel that the charger wont lite on fuel alone. so i used the NOS and i got the numbers posted above. (anyway) so i was thinking about making it into a stroker motor so to speak to maybe to help the RPM.

but anyway my question was does anyone think it would be worth it to put a 6.7 crank in my p-pumped 24valve? i know i would have to do some rod and pistonwork, but other than that does anyone know if it would help or not. i now the gas guys do it a lot i just am not sure. any information would be help full thanks guys.

Its the law of diminishing returns.

From a cost stand point your better off with a complete 6.7.

In reality I think just raising the RPM's may help being your running a 2.5

well the truck had 5K springs in it but i just was not sure if it would help rev the motor quicker.

Usually in gas motors or at least the race motors we built for circle track, you run a lighter short block set up, crank, rods, and pistons. I'm not sure I'd want to go that route for a diesel.

Ever thought about just taking the pump off and having it put on a stand? I know your not that far from TDI in Indy!!!!

ya i was wrong when i wrote that. i do want it to come up on RPM's faster with a bigger charger on it. the pump flow's up to 650cc's and its turned down all the way and it still wont spool with out nitrous. And mark broviak from Danville performance told me that putting 100 HP injectors in it, would help, because the truck's EGT's are not exceeding 1100 degrees under full throttle on the dyno for a 20 second interval. and he said that it would help the EGT's rise and the truck would boost more than 32 LBS. any suggestions guys.

Back