studding my 6.0l

turbotory

started the tear down on my motor. what a job it took me 7 hours to get one head off. but every thing is going pretty smooth. now im wating to get back my new heads from the machine shop. i put big valves ,full port ,polished and o-ringed. im making my own bolt in egr delete kit with custom o-ring fitting and block off plate. i also made egr valve plug. did a port job on my intake. im also deleting my fuel bowl, made that block to. you can see some of my pics on this link i will be posting more as it progresses.http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2040972630103091521aodham?vhost=good-times

Building it in the truck eh. That had to be fun getting that head off. How heavy was that thing with your arms extended or did you use a lift? Nice fab work as well. Looks good. Ryan

Are you just removing the silencer ring on the turbo in that picture?

The block off plate and fitting look very impressive!!

the head was very heavy i lifted it out by hand ,when i put it back together im going to use a hoist. on the turbo im machining the silencer ring out.

i removed it before the tear down, really couldn't tell but i new the heads gaskets were shot when i did it so i was just putting around. so i just went ahead and bought a 03 turbo today. because i like the whistle. i'm going to take the ring off that one to.