Studs going in...

spindrift

A couple of questions:
1. I seem to recall a while back some discussion regarding the torque for the injector hold downs. According to the manual, the value is 24 ft. lbs. Is this still correct?

2. Do the "O" rings on the stand pipes need to be replaced? Just in case, I ordered them from my local dealer. When I picked up some other parts today, my parts guy said that he learned he can't get the "O" rings so he ordered both stand pipes which had the "O" rings already installed. Would rather not spend the $110 clams if I don't need them.

This is a late build '04 Excursion.

A couple of questions:
1. I seem to recall a while back some discussion regarding the torque for the injector hold downs. According to the manual, the value is 24 ft. lbs. Is this still correct?

2. Do the "O" rings on the stand pipes need to be replaced? Just in case, I ordered them from my local dealer. When I picked up some other parts today, my parts guy said that he learned he can't get the "O" rings so he ordered both stand pipes which had the "O" rings already installed. Would rather not spend the $110 clams if I don't need them.

This is a late build '04 Excursion.

It is my understanding that you should not rebuild the stand pipes. Ford says to replace them.

24 ft-lbs is correct for engines prior to Jan 2006.

Tadd from ELite claims he has better luck torquing the inj hold downs to 36, but ford has a few million trucks running around torqued to 24 so I would say 24 is sufficient. I went to 30 when I did mine.

Tadd from ELite claims he has better luck torquing the inj hold downs to 36, but ford has a few million trucks running around torqued to 24 so I would say 24 is sufficient. I went to 30 when I did mine.

Using the factory capscrew?

Back