stupid starter

cm cows

Here by the owl
my dads starter has been screwin up for a couple of days and on friday it wouldnt start the pick up, it would crank but didnt have enough juice to start the motor. so i pulled it of and took it to the guy that has rebuilt many starters for us for many years and he said it was ok and put some new bushings in it and gave it back, well yesterday dad put it back on and spent about four hours trying to start the pick up, but with everthing hooked up right i wopuld turn the key and nothing would happen, so we thought it was the batteries, we checked them with our battery tester and it said they where good and also took them to the local napa dealer and he did a couple test on them and said that they where good. so iam out of ideas. i have never had to deal with somthing like this so anything will help i probally missed somthing. it my dads work pick up its a 2000 auto with a power puck and factory everything else, we took it out to my uncle that is a mechanic to get it fix but he still charges full mechanic price, and dad needs it back it has everthing he needs in it so what do yall think??:thankyou2: in advance

Contact Larry B's for the starter contact and plunger kit cheaper than a new starter and usually fixes them right up, kit comes wit beefier contacts than the origonals, and a new plunger assembly, sounds like the plunger is binding...

RacinDuallie said:
Contact Larry B's for the starter contact and plunger kit cheaper than a new starter and usually fixes them right up, kit comes wit beefier contacts than the origonals, and a new plunger assembly, sounds like the plunger is binding...

That's exactly what I did a little over a month ago. My contacts were SHOT big time. I got Larry B's kit with the new plunger and new contacts. Works like a champ and really easy to install.