Subs and Amp ?'s

Hey ya'll I have a new head unit in my '96 finally and I have been thinking about adding some subs in a month or two and was kind of looking at these 400w RMS's...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MTX-10-800-...oryZ3291QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have some MTX 4500 10" subs in my little truck ('97 ext. cab 1500) and they are only 125w RMS with my RF amp and they sound really nice until I bust out some rap music and try to turn it up.

What would ya'll think of two of those subs in a MDF sub box under my back seat? What kind of amp would work well and not break the bank?

I generally listen to rock music but occasionally I need a rap fix lol.

Thanks ya'll!

at 7" of mouting depth they are going to be a tight fit, alot depends on how you build the box and its specs. i have never really messed with the mtx stuff but it cant be too bad, you need to look for a good quality 2ohm 800-1000 watt rms amp to set them off. if you dont mind used stuff check your local craigslist, i find awesome deals there all the time. just beware of scammers and make sure you can hear it or pick it up yourself. just my $.02

Get you a set of JL w1's...Designed for shallow mounts and mine sound great with any kind of music :rockwoot:

What would the sound difference between a single and dual voice coil sub be?

I have thought about just switching the subs from my little truck to my big truck but I want more sound than they have since this truck is so much louder.