Subs??

hi guys,

I want people to hear some decent bass outside of my truck...I dont want anything to extreme. I was lookin into the JL audio stealthbox. How much do these cost? and what type of amp should i use with this?? Any feed back is appreciated...oh yeah...I have an 06 cc...with captains chairs up front!

:thankyou2:
Ryan

I run the console Stealthbox but I upgraded to a JL 10W6v2...it sounds excellent...but I added 2 12's behind the rear seat for that little extra when I need it.

Oh yea...I'm putting 750 clean into the sub.
The one that comes with it will do just fine with 250-300 watts,

When I had My 00' F-250 CC I had 2-12" Kickers behind the back seat..it sounded pretty good.. Now that I have the GMC CC I put 2-10" Infinity's under the seat.
farm_080.jpg

In my 00' I had to move the seat forward 1" to make room for the enclosure.

The Stealth box's sound good In my opinion.

so if i was to get the stealthbox with the JL 10W6v2 what type and size of amp wound you reccomend?? and what type of price would i be looking at for everything....also thanks for the quick reply UNBROKEN!

wideopen said:
When I had My 00' F-250 CC I had 2-12" Kickers behind the back seat..it sounded pretty good.. Now that I have the GMC CC I put 2-10" Infinity's under the seat.
farm_080.jpg

In my 00' I had to move the seat forward 1" to make room for the enclosure.

The Stealth box's sound good In my opinion.

Behind or under your back seat? if under did you raise it at all?

GMC was under and no I didn't raise the seat.

There isn't enough room under the Ford seats to put a very big box.

As far as what amp?? It depends on what you are willing to spend? Cheaper amps are getting better in quality than they use to be. Look on E-bay there are several there at decent prices.

Robts said:
I run 4 JL's behind my seat
IMG_0608.jpg

Lookin at your picture there...your gonna have the same problem that I ran into...
After many a hard pounding hours of music, the rubber surround on the sub rubbed through. If you feel the back of the seat, there is a bar or frame that cuts right into the subs. (Just look at your picture...)
I wrecked an awesome 10" sub this way. (No room behind the seat to install grills...even with the vents in the back of the cab removed.)

Now looking at a pair of square 8's, and a bigger amp. (Was only pushing 400 to the sub before...)

If your not worried about losing space in the back you can allways build a box to fit between the seats. I had two 12" Alpine typeR with a RockfordFosgate 1800 watt amp pushing them in a downward facing box, although I've since split the box and run just one. You can still fit two adults in the outer seats comfortably and it's enough to rattle your ear drums:rockwoot: .

There is 1 inch of clearence...2 years still going stong...Id cut the bed but I got stacks now

If you have a 03 and earlier, where the rear seat folds forward, you can move the seat forward 2 or 3 inches (mine's 5 inches forward) and get some room for a good box. I run 3 JL 10w6's back there with 650 watts on each!!! Yea baby, you can surely hear it from outside the truck.

Subs2.jpg

Subs7.jpg

In my 05 I was only able to put a single JL 10 behind the backseat due to the power rear slider. Anyone know how to get around that??