Suc-tion Problems

Coasterman

coastn'
Can anyone tell me where the system gets vacuum to control the vents?? This truck has been torn down to the frame and put back together and everything works except for the vent select. :bang Right now I've got the dash dropped, but not all the way out..there are 5 vacuum lines that attach to the vent selector. I can trace 4 to were they hook up, the other i cannot without tearing out the dash and the blower assem..I'm just a little lost...help...anyone...anyone??

Attachments

• 0307001439.jpg
    0307001439.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 0307001439a.jpg
    0307001439a.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
Where are the 4 traced to?

If I remember right, the vaccum comes in through the passanger side at those connectors you have. Starting from there, they kick back through the firewall near the AC evap, and flow across the top of the firewall under the wiring harness (there are little clips that hold the vac line up against the wiring harness that sits up on the firewall under a large ruber piece of molding). That goes across the engine from the passanger side to the driver side, down along the engine to the vaccum pump that sits behind the power steering pump.

There are also a few connections that you can get to from the drivers side under the middle of the dash.

I guess I'm not 100% certain which connector you are trying to find. You say you have 4 figured out, but not the 5th? Can you describe which ones you know, and I'll see if I can figure out which one you are missing?

Mike you are the man! It was the line that came out the fire wall under the a/c lines that was disconnected...actually it looked as if it was pulled apart..prob when i lifted the body off the frame, opps... but again you're the man...thanks