suncoast built 68rfe trade??

kevin_hurt2020

Hurts Diesel Performance
i just had this thing built i mean it aint got probably 40 miles on it and the tcm is obviously fried i just wanna get rid of this thing for a manual.... found an aftermarket tcm on internet for 1,000 dollars that will be programmed to the mods on your truck but im tired of spending money on it, im 4700 in debt on it now if your interested pm me..:doh:

What's the issue with it? Whats wrong with TCM?? Was it built at our shop and shipped out or was it built locally with SC parts?

built locally with sc parts, its acting almost like my smarty is screwin the tcm up, i bought a used tcm to try on it, and it done a great job until i reinstalled my smarty then it went back to doing the same thing which is: acting like its lockin and unlocking the converter and then dropping to 1st and fourth gear.... im lost

cts in lafayette, i have a bill for all the stuff done to it let me find it and ill post it, i know they charged me for transgo reprogramming kit, all new sensor stage 3 frictions, they told me they put bigger governer pistons and something else in the valve body and a billet triple disc converter i am no automatic transmission guy by no means i just no ive spent alot of money and in three weeks my truck is still not running im very upset...

they put my tcm on and after they installed the smarty it went crazy now they cant get it to read the vin or nothing, any opinion is greatly appreciated!

Just for clarification purposes, unless the transmission was built in house at our shop and leaves as a complete unit, it's not a SunCoast transmission, regardless of if some of our parts are in it.

built locally with sc parts, its acting almost like my smarty is screwin the tcm up, i bought a used tcm to try on it, and it done a great job until i reinstalled my smarty then it went back to doing the same thing which is: acting like its lockin and unlocking the converter and then dropping to 1st and fourth gear.... im lost

cts in lafayette, i have a bill for all the stuff done to it let me find it and ill post it, i know they charged me for transgo reprogramming kit, all new sensor stage 3 frictions, they told me they put bigger governer pistons and something else in the valve body and a billet triple disc converter i am no automatic transmission guy by no means i just no ive spent alot of money and in three weeks my truck is still not running im very upset...

they put my tcm on and after they installed the smarty it went crazy now they cant get it to read the vin or nothing, any opinion is greatly appreciated!

The smarty won't have any effect on the TCM or transmission. Does the issue continue when you've returned it to stock? I believe I would drop it off at the guy you wrote the check to and let him make it right...

yes the problem continues, and it is with him, he cant figure it out thats wy im looking for other answers from others, i understand that its not a suncoast considering it wasnt built there and it may not even be suncoast parts but thats what i paid for.. i just need to have an idea of what the deal is... im lost the builders lost so what else do i do.?

Set the tuck to stock. As stated before the TCM is NOT affected by a Smarty.

Also read some post on another forum by you where your truck was having these issues before the trans build...

Sounds like you may be conviently forgetting some important information.....

It started acting up I had it rebuilt, it was doing the same so I bought another tcm and it fixed it until the guy put the smarty back on. When it went out it had a h&s on it

May be a really long shot and really far out but hey I'll throw it out there. The ECM and TCM have to communicate somehow. Is it possible the ECM is loosing part of the data (it being deleted) when the smarty is installed therefore the TCM doesnt know when to shift or anything? Or maybe there's a bug in the smarty file that is erasing data? Pull the smarty make trans guy have ECM and TCM reflashed and update smarty before reinstalling.

Ryan

thats the idea i had. i dont really wanna do away with my tnt files but if it will make my truck run ill be more then glad to do so

Update to the newest TNT version. Even if it's the same version update it. I had a problem building boost put on boost fooler it cured it so I reloaded my smarty with computer and I had control over my wastegate again.

Ryan

ill try that thanks man, i mentioned it to the tranny guy yesterday so if i have to ill go down there and upload it for him. thanks bud

You can run a manual ECM file with a 68RFE and it'll still work fine, the TCM can be used standalone.

How will that work Ryan? Would I have to shift it manually? And will I have to go to dealer to have a manual file written?

No, you dont need a manual file, I'm telling you that the ecm/tcm probably isn't your issue.

Have you thought that maybe without the smarty, it has less horsepower, with the smarty is has more horsepower?

Take it back to the builder, 68's should be left to the pro's. We've killed 100's of 68's over the years of R&D and the nature of the beast is for no rhyme/reason, some of them just suck, even though built identically as the one next to it that works perfect.

who is CTS out of lafayette????? 68 just plain suck we have been through that game before and the new owner of the truck is still going through it your best bet is to sell it and put a built 48 in it and move on!! the 68 on our side with 700hp wouldnt hold with even the pros building it!

No, you dont need a manual file, I'm telling you that the ecm/tcm probably isn't your issue.

Have you thought that maybe without the smarty, it has less horsepower, with the smarty is has more horsepower?

Take it back to the builder, 68's should be left to the pro's. We've killed 100's of 68's over the years of R&D and the nature of the beast is for no rhyme/reason, some of them just suck, even though built identically as the one next to it that works perfect.

There's your answer. Thanks for the info Ryan.

Ryan