Suncoast trans/ convertor

Frans96ss

ok i ****ed up my trans in my 03 6.0 reverse and 4th and 5th are messed up.... i dont wanna get stock stuff..... if i order the rebuild kit from suncoast is it a wise choice to get the convertor also? its another 1300 that i kinda dont wanna spend.... but if its needed ill buy it.... someone let me know and also where is the best/cheapest place to get these parts....

JacktheBear3 said:
If you wanna get the power into the new trans you better get the $1300 out....

Yup. And your gonna have to pay for installation if you don't do it your self.

Go ahead and get the rebuild kit and tc. You'll be happy you did once you get back in the drivers seat.

does the rebuild kit come with everything ill nee to fix the tranny? i want everything to be strong. and who is the best place to order the kit from.....

I would personally go with a John Wood tranny kit. John has forgotten more about trannies than most ever knew. Richard, (unbroken) runs the crap out of a JW kit, and he has had no problems. I am not taking anything away from the Suncoast, I have just heard folks having problems with the rebuild kits, and the tuning has everything to do with it. John tuned my tranny last week at Houston races, and that man knows his stuff. Thats whos stuff is going in mine next.

www.jwtt.com

You can start with rebuild kit. Tranny shop could advise if you need new converter. 50K miles on Sun Coast Extreme Rebuild kit only with no problems. You will need tranny programming (like SCT's) to make it work correctly. Eric @ ID did mine. Kit does not come with all internals (like solenoids) and you may need a gasket or two. Codes will be thrown before teardown, if solenoids need replacing.

i ran my suncoast for a long time with probably over 100 1/4 mile passes before the directdrive clutches burnt up at truckfest
robert

alldiesels said:
i ran my suncoast for a long time with probably over 100 1/4 mile passes before the directdrive clutches burnt up at truckfest
robert

so u think i might be ok without the convertor?

No he was runing an aftermarket converter with his rebuild kit. Get the converter as well, trust me!

I have the Xtreme Duty Rebuild and Trip-Disc T/C.

You should be fine.

But Everyone knows I have had MAGICAL trans problems. . . . . . . .too!

what would be the first trans upgrade a person should make?

Well there really isn't one because they all kinda go hand in hand. Especially if you want more than 400hp. I'd say if you have new tranny with good clutches and all a triple disk would be the place to start, but then you'll need the clutches next.

I would just do it all at once. Although it maybe expensive but you'll have a killer tranny and be able to put some serious HP/TQ through it with no problems. :ylsuper:

How much does everything cost minus install? I just turned a 150,000 on the original tranny and I know she cant last forever.

I'm pushin 75K on my '05 now and I am begining to question the mortality of my tranny

mikehalseyjr said:
Plan on spending $2,200-2,400 on parts/fluid and etc.

Then install.

isnt it like 1250 or so for the rebuild kit and 1300 for the convertor?...then fluid and stuff......

1300 TC
900 rebuild

That will put you to 2200. Then fluid, is 118 bucks, filters I dont know how much they are. And maybe a gasket.

Then any upgrades you need to do to the trans while you are in ther.

I had a Ford Trans build mine @ the dealership on a Saturday, so he made three trips to the parts dept to upgrade it.

mikehalseyjr said:
1300 TC
900 rebuild

That will put you to 2200. Then fluid, is 118 bucks, filters I dont know how much they are. And maybe a gasket.

Then any upgrades you need to do to the trans while you are in ther.

I had a Ford Trans build mine @ the dealership on a Saturday, so he made three trips to the parts dept to upgrade it.

oh ok i was saying 1250 for the suncoast rebuild kit...