Super budget 47rh rebuild

kas83

Well, I have started pulling parts off my truck in preparation to sell it. My father has decided he would like to take it off my hands, but he wants the transmission addressed. After doing some searching, and a PM from a member on here, I found that the actual rebuild of the trans isn't that bad. It seems the torque converter is the biggest expense.

I've been looking at all the TC manufacturers, and came up with a couple alternatives. One is the TCI Maximizer single disc, another is off ebay at $525. Both have lower stall speeds than stock, and seem like they'd hold pretty good. BTW, a #6 plate, 15* timing, and gauges are the only mods that will be on the truck. Also doubtful it would be used to haul anything other than groceries. He has a light foot, walks with a cane, I don't see him out hotrodding around with it after he buys it. He's always liked this truck and has bugged me since the day I bought it, only reason I'm considering helping with getting the tranny taken care of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/48RE...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I know this isn't exactly what gets asked, but I'm looking for some help with a budget. He's gonna throw $1,000 into it, I'm covering the rest. Don't want to give him a junk truck, but don't want to break the bank either. Thanks for any and all advice in advance.

call jeff garmon he is building his own convertors now ck him out i dunno bought the price though

When it comes to tranny builds, there is no reason to go "cheap"

I would run from a $500-$600 converter. Call Jeff and see what he can hook up a single for.

tci convertor is the biggest mistake i ever made! what a waste of money. same as stock but billet cover.

i have a tranny guy that can get a Dynamic billet single disc fairly cheap. Dynamic is the only convertor company he uses and has good luck with them for the past ten years. he has put them in two of my buddys trucks (not crazy modded) with no problems what so ever. its called High Tech Transmissions 248-473-5800 and his name is Tim.

Joe

Back