Super Duty springs in a OBS?

obs_man

Anybody know what it takes to put Super Duty suspension under a OBS truck? A guy at the salvage yard tole me they bolt right in? Something tells me this sounds..........fishy!

ive got a set of 05 super duty springs on my 97 they bolted right in but the bolt holes in the springs were a little bigger so i put my old bushing and sleve in them and it was fine

welcome to the forum :D
allright! thanks!
Do you think they improved the ride any?
Larry

SD springs will not bolt in without changing the bolts in the rear and adding a RS kit in the front. I developed this mod many years ago and have helped many OBS owners vastly improve the ride. The addition of a RS kit and SD V codes will transform the ride.
I'm new here but have been arround a lone time on TDS. If I can help PM me.

Cary

SD springs will not bolt in without changing the bolts in the rear and adding a RS kit in the front. I developed this mod many years ago and have helped many OBS owners vastly improve the ride. The addition of a RS kit and SD V codes will transform the ride.
I'm new here but have been arround a lone time on TDS. If I can help PM me.

Cary

What's a RS kit? (duh) I had talked to one feller about this an he said all he did was put his bushings in cause the SD bolts are bigger? I can get these on ebay for 175 front and rear plus 125 shipping. Sound like a good deal?

Last edited:
reverse shackle kit, puts a new cross member /hanger in the front and new shakles in the rear lifts the truck about 3 inches. do the sd spings give any lift, i have skys shakle kit and 2" springs but want to go a little higher

Its impossible to get a good ride with leaf springs on a osb without a RS kit and SD springs..ORU has a kit..2.5" and so does SKY..3&5". SD V codes will on a D60 F250 swap get you 1.5"..On my '95 F250 D60 with the ORU kit and V codes using F350 blocks the truck sits dead level.

If you could install all the shackles and hangers from a 99-04 SD you would have a great ride but only one guy did this but never gave adequate details and as yet no one has figured out how he did it. Even if you did it this way the truck still needs to be lifted to get enough suspension travel.

Only other way to get a good ride from these trucks is to install a radius arm suspension and axle from a 05 up or get a 99-04 axle and a full traction 4link kit. If your good at fabbing you could 4 link your axle and either use C/O's or factory coils.
I went to 08 front and rear axles and the 08 front suspension for my '97 this gives me the best braking and ride possible and I can use any 08 up suspension lift kit in the front.

Cary

Last edited:
OBS MAN, the rear springs yes, they will bolt up by drilling out the shackle a little and installing the larger bolt. The front springs, NO, Super Duty springs are about 4 inches longer(Correct me if i'm wrong Cary) than OBS front springs. That's what he was getting at, you have to relocate the shackles and the easiest and best way to do this is with a Reverse Shackle kit from SKY Manufacturing or Off Road Unlimited.

OBS MAN, the rear springs yes, they will bolt up by drilling out the shackle a little and installing the larger bolt. The front springs, NO, Super Duty springs are about 4 inches longer(Correct me if i'm wrong Cary) than OBS front springs. That's what he was getting at, you have to relocate the shackles and the easiest and best way to do this is with a Reverse Shackle kit from SKY Manufacturing or Off Road Unlimited.

thanks, i been checking into this I think I will get the SKY RSK kit and try to find some SD springs and just do th efront first. Probably will look stupid till I get it leveled but I have to do things in increments... :hehe: