super street hood stack question

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
I understand hood/fender exiting exhaust is a no-go for super street... what about wastegate dump?

I will almost guarantee that it is a no. Matt asked a while back. In MOST states, a hood stack is not street legal. But yeah email Randy.

I facebooked him and the NHRDA facebook, will get an email over to him when I get to my own computer

Iirc there are a few guys doing "cowl" wastegate dumps. Makes a bit of a mess on the windshield, but isn't a true "hood stack dump" either.

Iirc there are a few guys doing "cowl" wastegate dumps. Makes a bit of a mess on the windshield, but isn't a true "hood stack dump" either.

Yeah my waste gate dumps out of cowel, I am running super street this year so this will be good to know. I hope it is Ok. Like mine you can not see the pipe at all, so I don't see the problem.

It is real nice for tuning because you know when it opens. Once I get the turbos tuned this year I will run it in the down pipe, I hate soot on my paint lol

Last edited:
Yes mine is supposedly (untested) preset to 70psi drive pressure to pop on spring only by turbosmart which should never open unless i'm on the squeeze... should stay clean on the street.

Already spraying haha.. Just setup lockup on the 68rfe.. Something gonna go boom

Sent from my iPhone

they're in my sig... the 12.09@114 was with a 68rfe in "torque management" mode aka NO LOCKUP :(

I put a PCS controller on it... it does what its told now

Not yet, tomorrow morning though... game on.

Since I had to use a 545RFE base file, i had some trouble trying to figure out how to get the low/reverse clutches to come on and how to get 6th gear to come on... that's all good now just need to go time my shifts and see if i can't make something explode

Sorry guys been swamped getting ready to send out first round of World Finals invites.

To answer your question it would be a no as far as sticking out of hood or fender. If it is like Devons and we cant see it that is fine.

caec88ef.jpg

Back