Supercharger for 5.9 2nd gen

TURBOLVR

Mr. Whipple
This has been in a few threads here and there and has been a blast to drive/tow with, but I need to finance a whole different project right now so this is up for grabs.
The Whipple 2.3R supercharger with extension drive in polished with custom ultragrip 304SS pulley, billet dual bearing idler pulley and mount, new serp. belt, intake, filter, 304SS mounting base with built-in bypass valve. has 4" outlet to feed S300 turbo on 2nd gen manifold. $3000.

T4 PDI manifold $500.

S366/74/.91 T4 turbo 2nd gen style. $650.

buy as a package for $4000.
all prices+shipping.

SC9-25-11-1.jpg

SOB!!! Right after I bought a set of twins for my next project..... Beautiful set and very cheap!!!

Did you ever take this setup to the strip?

And how big of a turbo could you feed with that supercharger?

I have never seen a setup like that. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to running this over a set of twins?

SC provides instant throttle response and super low-end grunt
Twins provide strong mid range and top-end from compounded boost.

What needs to be changed to run this setup on a 12valve? I remember you saying something about the pulley set-up..

Yes, the idler pulley must use a different bracket to clear the water neck.

Hmmm this would be nice for our service truck upgrade. My techs will be going thru tires every road trip so I would be money ahead not buying this. LOL.

Nice setup though looks clean.

cool setup. prolly the wrong place for the question, but do you have any dyno numbers from that setup? very interesting!

This supercharger set-up is for a 2nd gen 24v and a stock or S300 style turbo.
It can be made to fit other years (89-07) by changing the belt and idler pulley bracket.
It has never been dynoed or raced, just low easy street miles with an occasional rolling burn-out.

Back