Superduty door speakers

nummit

What do you recommend for a speaker that will fit in the stock opening in a Superduty door?
I want to spend about $200 for the pair

If you are going to be running on the stocker head unit infinity has an awesome set of 6x8's for around 200 that sound pretty good without an amp.

Yes I will be running the stock h.u. for a while.
I just picked up some paddle mirrors and since I have to remove the door panel to install the mirrors I figured it would be a good time to swap the door speakers for something better.

why do you have to remove the door panel to install mirrors? i would get some boston accoustic 5x7 component speakers.

Last edited:
The thing with components is that if you are not running an amp to them they will not sound as good. Plus you'd have to fab up a way to mount them. If you got the time and want to install an amp etc.. that is a great option though.

as for the door panel (you probably know) there are only 2 screws that hold it on. on by the door handle and one behind the courtesy light. Then it just lifts up and off.

The plug for the mirrors is not behind the door panel I don't believe. All you should have to remove is that black triangle piece at the top to change the mirror.

I would love to do a full system but I have other things to get first LOL I was figuring that since the door is apart I will swap just the speakers. Even without an amp they should sound better than the stock stuff

Last edited:
yeah a good set of aftermarket speakers will sound alot better then the stockers.

nummit said:
Isn't the plug behind the door panel?
It is down on the door but you access it behind the power window switch plate. I think the MB quart's were the best sounding ones i have heard in a door speaker.

I run Alpine's in my Ford off of an Alpine hard unit and Fosgate amps...10000% better than stock. I also added $5,345,994,735 worth of Dynamat to the interior too....that also helps.

only thing with better 6x8 speakers is they won't have the bass loudness of the stockers. they'll be clearer and better but they'll lack a little of the bass. but, a move forward is just that. when more time and resources allow, deal with the bass issues.

Diamond audio hands down. My friend has them in his EVO and he changed the MB quarts to them and DAMN! is it clean sounding.

I had good luck with the boston pro series 6.5 component kits for clarity. The only bad thing about them is they say you can run 600watts to them but the tweeter kept on shutting off on them. I tried everything I could think of to fix it. I ended up putting them into a camper running 60watts to them and they sounded great. I have heard nothing but good things about MB Quart and Diamond audio. Im running clarion audio plates in my doors. I want them to be a little more clean sounding. I think a guy could put a tweeter in the triangle piece on the door and it would sound 10 times better