Surge and lopey idle

Oliver77

My brother in laws truck is surging at cruining speeds and light throttle. It also hiccups sometimes under full throttle. It does this after it has been drove for a little ways and it good and warm. When you stop the truck has a noticeable lope at idle also. The truck is an early 04 with 125hp II full injectors, ats dual cp3s, smarty tntr, twins, ad 150. Those are the basic mods. The injectors along with, rail pressure sensor, prv, cross over tubes have been changed with no success. His rail pressure and rpms stay constant. We did change the top fca a while back cause it went out and it had max rail pressure at idle. His low side fuel pressure is reading around 25psi could that be the problem? It was always around 15, then it randomly starting to increase over time up to 30. So we changed the filters and it lowered it to 25 and it is constant there. The ball and spring have been changed in the air dog to lower pressure with no change. I am going to try my gauge to see if his is messed up. Does anybody have any ideas? He is too the point where he is just going to sell it cause it's driving him crazy.

How does the air dog draw the fuel out of the tank? Is it going through the stock fuel module? I'm Having a similar problem with my pickup and I've tracked it down to where my fass pump sucks the fuel out of the tank through the stock module. I'm thinking mine is plugged in the tank and I'm not getting good flow out of the tank. Not sure if that's your problem but might worth a look.

The air dog is drawing fuel through a draw straw, so I wouldn't think that would be my problem.

Back