Surge

Mooring Product

I just don't care
HELLO DJ AND VIVIAN HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I'M GETTING A SURGE IN THE TRANNY WHEN CRUSING AT 35MPH. iT WANTS TO SHIFT BUT DOESN'T. IT ONLY DOES THIS AT 35 MPH NOT 33 OR 37. ITS GOING TO GET ME IN TROUBLE BECAUSE I TEND TO GO FASTER AT THIS POINT. IT DOES IT ON LOONEY AND STREET.
THANKS

Hey Pete,

Happy New Year to you and your family. Have you changed anything in your truck lately tire sizes, etc. If not, have the engine scanned and pay special attention to the ICP. See if you have any oil leaks in back of the motor. Sounds to me like your ICP is leaking oil. It's on it's way out.

Again, this is a wild educated guess :doh:

DJ :evil

P.S. We have headstuds. Let us know if you are still interested in installing them.

Nothing is changed on the truck. What is ICP? I'll check under the truck for leaks. I don't plan on keeping my truck for more than a couple of years so I'm just going to have it "fixed" but have the EGR welded. I do have 35" inch tires does this change anything?
I'm dieing to go racing again. Do you think blown head gaskets slow the truck down? :blahblah1:

Hello Peter,

DJ says to ask the tech to check the ICP when you take the truck in to get fixed. And, did you change tires?

Thanks,
Vivian

Is there any chance it is the converter locking and unlocking at 35 mph? My truck does the same thing at about 37 mph, but I'm pretty sure it's just the converter since the rpm's will drop a couple hundred.

Hi Pete,

Yes. DJ says that is very possible.

Thanks,
Vivian

With both have the same set up with the same problem. Could it be the 35" tires?
And what the hell is the ICP.
I liked the 7.3 video with the Cubian guy screaming in the back ground.:hehe:

Back