Surging issue need help before who knows what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Ok i have been having a surging issue for a while now. I put a new HRVP pump on and my truck stopped the hard startging issue when hot and the dead petal issue. However it is still surging running down the highway. I pulled the 10 holes from II, the .093 tubes, and the Juice w/ attitude out and went back with my Jammer 4's and factory tubes just trying to figure this out.

If i run the factory setting the surging is severe to the point you cant drive the truck. If you down load the smarty you can not feel the surge as bad as you can with factor settings. What the Hell is the deal.:banghead:

I am going to blow this POS up if i cant find the damn problem.:soap:

I have reset the TPS, cleaned the Intake air sensor put my mechanical fuel pressure gauge back in.

What else to try???????

Describe the surging. Part throttle, full throttle, cruising down the highway or in town driving, happen while accelerating?

ive never got mine fixed, does it when i mash on the skinny peadle only. i was told that its probley my clutch starting to give up. cause when cruzing it dont do it.

I have the surge sometimes too, normally at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle - REdline box off. I been through everything, and I think it may be the IAT pulling timing and the timing box compensating for it. I'm going to try finding what the omh load on the IAT is at 62-64F which is just above the temp that would activate the grid heater, and install a resistor and remove the IAT from the loop. It's a long shot but don't know where else to look.

30*=40k,,76*=13k,,81*=6.8k,,120*=3.5k............boydo,,so youre wanting it to stay advanced?...i tried what youre wanting to do for this with the idea of needing to retard timing,i used a 1k ohm resistor in place of the iat.it stopped all surging/bucking i had,but was too much with a result of lower power.....you might want to use a pot,ran up into the cab,so you could fine tune it to your liking,then take it out and ohm it to see where youre at...........bama

BgBlDodge said:
Describe the surging. Part throttle, full throttle, cruising down the highway or in town driving, happen while accelerating?

With the edge and smarty off with factory fueling other than pump and injectores, it will surge at any throttle. but when you accelerate it is worse.

mine does it too i think i have tried everything, clutch,vp44,crank sensor,cam sensor, ecm,and a flash for ecm, new
u joints in rear drive shaft, iat sensor, mine does it while ]
accelerating on the highway and gets alot worse with about 15k behind it.

not wanting you to spend more money,,but quads xztplus box may straighten you out....he seems to have the surging/bucking problems everybodys having figured out now.....are you far from him out there?just a thought......bama

I was thinking the same thing about drivetrain too but why would it do it worse with the factory downloads. IF it is tranny related shouldnt there be a sugre in the pressure when it does it.

The only reason I can think it would do it while stock is because you are applying more pedal than normal to get the truck moving and that's causing more stress on whatever it is that's dying.

surging

JKT cummins, Is it possible that you have a waste gate problem on your turbo. Just a shot in the dark. Seems like you tried everything else.

Have you thought about taking it to the dealer and letting them figure it out? You'd have to pay for it of course but they could probably diagnose it.

Well i thoughts were that since the Smarty flashes the ECM with a different fuel map that it might be the ECM. But i have no clue. The dealers around here wont work on trucks with any after market up grades. Which i think is a Bunch of BS.

i was thinking it could be a turbo issue since i have tried
everything else. i need a better one anyway or maybe 2
better ones

Ok today i drove the the truck without the smarty or the edge. It seems like if the truck is cold it will do just fine. However when the truck is warm it will surge like crazy. The petal seems hard and it will only do it when under acceleration. You can back out of it and it will stop. acceleration is very slow. And the harder you mash the petal the worse it gets.

I am going to replace the MAP, Crank, and Intake air sensors. Does anyone have the cummins part # for any of these.

Well i ordered a map sensor and finally got a time to go to the dodge house.
I installed the map sensor and to my amazment the surging stopped. Truck runs fine now with no surging. Thanks for all the help.