Suspension lift questions and wheel suggestions...

dodge.01grizzly

I have an 07 Mega cab. Its Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat in color. I have a leveling kit on it already but Im thinking about going to a four and a half inch lift in the front, and two in the back. Was wandering if anybody else has this and if your still able to pull a gooseneck trailer with it. Going to get 20inch wheels and 35in tires, so i kinda need to go with the bigger lift unless i stick with a positive offset wheel, which i really dont want to do. Im just wandering what your alls opinions/thoughts were on it. I use the truck for pulling my pulling truck on my 23 plus 5 tandem dual gooseneck trailer, so it has to be able to handle a trailer good.

Second things is if anybody had any wheel suggestions. So many choices out there. I have a few in mind, anything will help the trucks look, but just wanting opinions. Everybody is going with all black or black and chrome wheels, so I would like to go back to all chrome to keep it mixed up. Thinking xd badlands or fuel octanes would look good, but Im open to other peoples opinions too. Thanks for any info...

Assuming your megacab is 4x4 you won't need 4.5" to fit 35's. I'm running a 3 inch lift and can fit 37's

As for hooking to a gooseneck. I can still hook to our cattle trailer with my lift and 37's so I'd assume you'd be just fine. Easiest way to check would be measure the neck to ground height when level and then measure the new truck height.

Do not forget to take into account if you have any drastic grade transitions that you may or may not go over on a regular basis.

I have towed heavy on XD wheels for 200k on one truck...and 100k on the other.

They are rated at 3400 or more lbs....more than most tires.

I have towed heavy on XD wheels for 200k on one truck...and 100k on the other.

They are rated at 3400 or more lbs....more than most tires.

Agreed. I couldn't tell you how many hot shot trucks I've used that were running rockstars or other cast wheels and I've yet to ever see one fail.

If your trailer neck can adjust more than 6", or close, you'll be fine.

And same as marshall said, 35's will fit with just level. 37's only need a little more.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Alright, appreciate all the info, keep it coming. I had 35s on my 05 with a leveling kit and had to trim the metal on the fender well to keep them from rubbing. But I had Diami wheels, 20x9 with a negative 10 offset. And I would like to go with close to the same offset and wheel size.

Just stating what I have seen. And that is cast wheels blow. Maybe if you live somewhere where the climate doesn't swing 145 degrees a year they might last. But in my own experience, I will only run forged aftermarket wheels from now on.

Back