Suspension setups for racing

frankie, your track has been open since november, have you made it to the track yet, how's your tranny. i see you're making over 800hp now,

frankie, your track has been open since november, have you made it to the track yet, how's your tranny. i see you're making over 800hp now,

Shawn,The 1/4 mile track has been open since the end of October, I'll be hitting the 1/4 mile track sometime soon...

So did you dyno your truck the last time you went to the track,IIRC I think I remember you mentioning you were going to dyno it also?

You forgot that I made 829hp?On December you had sent me a pm about it remember?

Last edited:
LOL good times.

Danny, I saw a pic of your truck recently and it sure looked low. What did you do?

Removed the stock 2 inch blocks from the rear. When I get it back I'm gonna de-arch the springs in the front and see if I can get the front down about 2 or 3 inches too.

i'm pulling good 60 foots, but i was thinking about pulling leafs just to drop weight, does anyone know how much weight there is in leafs, overloads,etc

Are you offering a challenge Evelan? Any time you decide to pass through SC let me know, and I'll show you who's :owned:

:kick: come on mike, you want me to come down to sc, street race for money and still own you..LOL..dont take it personally it just all in the tuning my brotha

the evelan was kinda funny though..i gotta keep my comments sweet..this isnt gogo haha

danny..how are you dearching the springs, and i thought you couldnt really go down much in the front since the front diff would hit or whatever, i already removed the overload springs and the blocks..dropped it alot.

and fresh why dont you through some more info instead of hint hint..maybe what you would do if you had a 4x4..mr hint hint

danny..how are you dearching the springs, and i thought you couldnt really go down much in the front since the front diff would hit or whatever, i already removed the overload springs and the blocks..dropped it alot.

Haven't looked at it that close yet. Have to wait for it to come back from Empire.

hmmm..i did some more research..i have a spring shop not to far from my house, im gonna call them tomorrow..seems like they heat them up and flatten them to dearch it..and thinking about it more now, its almost like the truck should come down together and the front diff may not hit anything..im gonna call tomorrow..i have an extra set of front springs that im gonna have dearched and see what happens

Haven't looked at it that close yet. Have to wait for it to come back from Empire.

hmmm..i did some more research..i have a spring shop not to far from my house, im gonna call them tomorrow..seems like they heat them up and flatten them to dearch it..and thinking about it more now, its almost like the truck should come down together and the front diff may not hit anything..im gonna call tomorrow..i have an extra set of front springs that im gonna have dearched and see what happens

When you two are ready to get lower give me a buzz.

Leaf spring guys. I have a safe way for you to drop the front an inch to inch and a half. Excursion front springs. Last weekend we took an old stock suspension from a 250 and put it on an Excursion. Lifted it up at least 1.5 inches. They are on the side of my house. Who wants them?

Leaf spring guys. I have a safe way for you to drop the front an inch to inch and a half. Excursion front springs. Last weekend we took an old stock suspension from a 250 and put it on an Excursion. Lifted it up at least 1.5 inches. They are on the side of my house. Who wants them?

**raises hand**

How much? I knew you could lower them that way but couldn't find any.

Danny, I am heading to Houston mid may from Boca Raton which is about 10 min away from Pompano Beach i could help deliver them. Let me know.

front springs from an excursion up front huh pete?...my buddy put rear springs from an excursion on his 01 and it rides sooo much softer now...i never thought of doing the front with them..i gotta look into that

Back