swap a 727 with a 47rh?

jdogg

hey all i'm lookin into a 89 d350 2wd, but i dont know much about the torqueflite other than a screaming cummins in front of it,lol, what would y'all suggest if i buy, where to go about a transmission,and difficulties? thanks

I you want to stay with a auto you can go with the "cheaper to get and rebuild" 518 or the almost bullet proof 47rh. If you decide to go with the RH you will want to get everything possible from the donor truck such as the adapter plate, flex plate, converter and the trans. I'm sure if you do a search on the forum you can find all the swap info you could need. If you do get it and put in a overdrive trans or a 5 or 6 speed manual you will love the top end with the factory 3.07 gears in the back of that thing. I had a 89 4x4 with a 518 overdrive trans and I could cruise at 85 mph and still had plenty of pedal left to go.

I will have a 2wd 47rh tranny complete with a few upgrades for sale for pretty cheap soon. Let me know if you decide to do the swap and if you need one.