Sway bar disconnect, who would be interested in testing it?

Im in! 6" TGC long arm suspension ill pm you a pic of my end links so you can see the proper joint! May be a week or so im on vacay in FL!

Wow, I didn't realize this took off again. I havent forgotten, I just havent had the time to get anything going yet. Hopefully ill be able to get a move on within the next month.

Wow, I didn't realize this took off again. I havent forgotten, I just havent had the time to get anything going yet. Hopefully ill be able to get a move on within the next month.

By the way, I'm not sure how the common rails are, but the pre98 2nd-Gen's have the holes going through the sway bar horizontally, and the 98+ 2nd-Gen's have the vertically. That's why I had to make my own (when doing heims over OEM).

And I'd be interested to see what you come up with. I've been too lazy to take mine off when wheeling before and it really holds you back!

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that. How often and how hard do you wheel? Some of the setups for jeeps that I've seen don't completely disconnect, they just fold and extend the links. What I've come up with will completely disconnect the sway bar without any bolts or pins, but also, not overly complicated what so ever.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that. How often and how hard do you wheel? Some of the setups for jeeps that I've seen don't completely disconnect, they just fold and extend the links. What I've come up with will completely disconnect the sway bar without any bolts or pins, but also, not overly complicated what so ever.

I used to a lot more back in the day. I'd say a couple times a year now instead of every other weekend.
I've been focusing on making my truck drive, stop, and shift really well lately. I left the links off for two years at one point because I hated trying to get them off and on. Currently I have the sway bar taper drilled out too for the heims I'm running so I could turn a sleeve up to fit it. That's another thing, that damn sway bar ate up two carbide bits before clearing all the way through. PITA!
I also thought about moving the bar rearward, and drilling holes up the arm to make it stiffer since I'm ~5" higher from the axle compared to stock height.

I would definately be interested in going over your design with you I have been colaborating ideas of my own, and for the last 2 months have been running with no sway bar just to keep it wheeling well but its suffering in the cornering.

Back