Switching to a single: advice

s475 with a 1.0 housing, still in the box, but it has a fair amount of play compared to my old s362fmw

s475 with a 1.0 housing, still in the box, but it has a fair amount of play compared to my old s362fmw

That seems to be the norm with bigger box stock turbos. When I first started working where I do (deal with brand new International trucks), I couldnt believe how much play our brand new chargers had.

I have noticed the same .... I work on buses and or turbos for the 60 series have play in them also ..... more than I would like ....... but they run forever , so must not be too bad

After driving this for the last few days, it seems as though my EGT's are dropping. Haven't changed my driving habits or fuel tune, but now cruising on the Interstate at 70mph I running 750° and driving 60mph I'm down to 700°. Boost numbers haven't changed, they seems to be where it was last time.

Now, I'm torn between buying a couple new guns, or building an engine. Nothing wrong with what I got, but I'd like to increase a few certain aspects to make it run cleaner.

After driving this for the last few days, it seems as though my EGT's are dropping. Haven't changed my driving habits or fuel tune, but now cruising on the Interstate at 70mph I running 750° and driving 60mph I'm down to 700°. Boost numbers haven't changed, they seems to be where it was last time.

Now, I'm torn between buying a couple new guns, or building an engine. Nothing wrong with what I got, but I'd like to increase a few certain aspects to make it run cleaner.

Horrible time to buy guns, build a motor!

Back