Switching to Synthetic Oil

well..I like the air raid..but it doesnt come with the plexi glass cover..the S&B does..they are pretty much the same thing

AFE is just overpriced IMHO

S&B has a problem keeping filters attached to itself. (That info comes from a customer that keeps finding the filter not attached.) You need the plexiglass cover for what? Not sucking in hot engine air? Come on. We all know thats bull****. The intake air temp sensor reads ambient temps when the truck is driving. And if you haven't done a crankcase reroute, what the hell is the cover going to do. You are still sucking in hot crankcase vapors. Think about it Adam. Blow By is combustion. Combustion is hot.

show em where I said the plexi glass was required..

I like the thought of sand and dust that is always under my hood..not adding anything else to the filter..I would rather it settle on the lid then the actual filter..I go to the landfill and dusty jobs alot..Also I would rather if any coolant does happen to ever puke out have a lid on there to not allow the filter to be soaked.

I fully agree with you Adam what u said makes perfect sense, because everybody doesn't drive on asphalt everyday, or think about the worse case situation. does anybody have any pictures of the CCV mod?

Thanks man. this will help me. Do you think this will void my warrenty?

It all depends on the dealership & the mechanic. If done properly and neatly I would think most would be OK with it. However there are a few ahole dealerships who like to void a warranty because of something as simple as exhaust.

Well i have it done on my 96 model and i really want to do it to my 07 because i don't like the fact that my IC boots kinda of are getting dirty, and i know its coming from oil resdiue.

So i've got about 15k on the rebuilt motor and want to switch to synthetic. I can't seem to find anyone who sells the Valvoline Premium / Extreme Blue 5w40. The only place online is Midway for $32.99 a gal. Anyone know of another seller?

I bought 4 - 1 gallon juggs for $28 each and they tell me they can get the 5 gallon bucket for 25$/gallon.

Found a local source for the Schaefer's 5w-40 for $20 a gallon. I'm going to have to try now that it's cheaper than any other I can find.

Try Amazon.com, they carry Extreme Blue and Mobil 1 and it's free shipping. Grab the part number and search. Good Prices too

Try Amazon.com, they carry Extreme Blue and Mobil 1 and it's free shipping. Grab the part number and search. Good Prices too

There is only one listed seller of the Extreme Blue 70518. 4 gallons + shipping comes to $154. 4 gallons + tax at the local NAPA = $110.

If any of you have Lee Auto Parts in the area....the Extreme Blue 5w-40 is $24.xx there.

Or at least it was a month or so ago when I had my buddy get me a few cases.

If any of you have Lee Auto Parts in the area....the Extreme Blue 5w-40 is $24.xx there.

Or at least it was a month or so ago when I had my buddy get me a few cases.

:mad: Dan, do me a favor..Go jump in front of a bus...

LOL

Back