Switching to synthetic oil

Bad Moose

Just a pain in the arse
I am finally switching to synthetic oil in my truck. Now when I have switched to synthetic in my cars. I have run synthetic oil for 3000 miles on the first change then 15000 on the next change. I also changed oil filter every 5000 miles. On the first change the car burned more oil like it was cleaning itself out. So I was wondering what the differences were for a diesel. So here are the questions.

When you guys have switched to synthetic oil. Do you run the oil for the regular interval for the first change after, then run the extended interval?

Also does the engine seem to burn a little more oil the first interval, then normal amounts after the first change?

:Cheer:

My truck just runs a LOT better on full synthetic, oil is real important on the 6.0 because of it firing the injectors.

I use the regular interval when I changed to synthetic. There is almost a full quart under the oil cooler that doesn't get drained so it will take you an oil change or two to get al the conventional oil out.

It should not burn any more oil than before your change.

I use the regular interval when I changed to synthetic. There is almost a full quart under the oil cooler that doesn't get drained so it will take you an oil change or two to get al the conventional oil out.

It should not burn any more oil than before your change.

Cool, that's what I was thinking. A little expensive but better in the long run.

Thanks.

Back