synthetic or convetional oil?

I'm running Mobil 1 5w-40 synthetic... quieter and more stable than the 15/40 dino I was running originally...

My dad has an 06 6.0 and he asked my uncle who is the local Ford dealerships top diesel mechanic, about using synthetic oil and he said that synthetic is a huge HUGE NO-NO on the 6.0s :badidea:

Yeah... no reasons why other than I said so... from an unnamed source.

Well if oil analysis shows less wear, and better retention of properties than conventional oil, maybe that is bad... for Ford's bottom line in parts replacement!

My dad has an 06 6.0 and he asked my uncle who is the local Ford dealerships top diesel mechanic, about using synthetic oil and he said that synthetic is a huge HUGE NO-NO on the 6.0s :badidea:

Guess that "top mechanic" didn't get the memo on the FORD MC 5w40 Synthetic oil now carried by the dealerships.

I've been running SYN oil with nothing but good results. 91k on the clock, still pulls like a day 1 truck and asks for more all the time.

I run Royal Purple and have been for almost 100,000 miles. It is pretty much the best stuff out there and the oil analysts shows not major problems.

Guess that "top mechanic" didn't get the memo on the FORD MC 5w40 Synthetic oil now carried by the dealerships.

I've been running SYN oil with nothing but good results. 91k on the clock, still pulls like a day 1 truck and asks for more all the time.

Maybe he doesn't go into the parts department. Its only been there for a couple years now.

ya i just put amsoil in it today 7.70 @ 15 qts....small fortune but it works all day so why skimp on it

I run synthetic in both of my trucks,, I go 10k KM's between oil changes (i put too many miles on to change it more) and I feel that to go that distance I need the extra protection that synthetic provides

Kevin

Back