T&C Diesel Modifed Fuel Rail Review

aaronesq

Hey guys, just thought I'd write a few thoughts on TC Diesel's 6.7L Modified Fuel Rail....

I'll preface things by saying I'm one of several testing these rails for Todd at TC. Currently I'm running a DPF/EGR friendly rail (along with my deletes & PMT) But in a few months I'll be swapping it out for a more aggressive rail better suited to my mods (that's NOT DPF/EGR friendly).

After a couple of weeks I have no doubt this is a great mod and very worthwhile. The HP increase isn't crazy - but I felt it was noticeable. But I did feel it was a solid refinement of the fueling system and power delivery. So here's my thoughts so far:

-quicker throttle response at all speeds whether from a stop or at 85mph

-MUCH smoother power delivery in all PMT power settings - extreme's classic herky-jerky power delivery is almost gone.

NOTE: I've never had any problems/bucking with my PMT and am running 1016 (non code-clearing)

-definite power increase in all RPMs (blue-jeans-o-meter verified by myself and others)

-MPG's seems to be better - but I haven't driven enough for conclusive data on that.

-here's the crazy one....idle sound and exhaust tone have changed - nothing crazy dramatic but noticably deeper. Call BS on me - but I'm confident it changed......

Installation was fairly straightforward. It took a few hours but I took my time and was very careful to keep things clean and properly torqued.

I didnt take any pics because the modded rail looks no different from the stock rail.

Anyway, hopefully others with more extensive mods will try these rails out and report their results. Todd says that the stock rail is really restrictive and there's a ton of room for improvment. I'll continue to post as I put more miles on this rail.