Tailgate Plastic

Lil' Dunbar

The better looking Dunbar
Has anyone removed that crap plastic on the bottom of their tailgate? I know how to do it, but I am skeptical because my truck is white and the original paint job still looks good... so i'd rather not have a tailgate with two different tones of white on it. Just seeing if anybody else has done it and had any suggestions... or horror stories.

no problems, no horror stories. Paint didn't really seem to differ between the two areas either. I'll bet it was removed at 10 years old or so if I remember right.

I removed mine when i got the truck and i couldnt tell the dffrence in the paint color dunbar

Good deal. That might be my next project then. Thanks for the info.

a real time saver is the 3m remover wheel. That and a quick buff and polish it will look good
41EFl43ySgL._SY300_.jpg

I started to pull it off and everything was going well. Decided to try to remove some of the 3M tape before I pulled it ALL the way off... good thing I did. When I started to pull the tape off the paint under it was so soft that it started coming with it. needless to say, I taped it back on. :bang

I wish my truck had the plastic to keep the mud, dirt and snow from scratching up the paint. Then it might also cover up the 2 small dents from when my tailgate cables broke.

Back